Windows InstallA Beam account is not required to install the Beam Desktop App; however, in order to connect to a device, you must have access to that Beam via a Beam account.
Installing the Beam Desktop App for Windows
- Visit our website to view our available Software Installers.
- To download the latest version of our app, click Download under Suggested Installer.
Note: The Suggested Installer is not always the most compatible option for your particular system. If you receive an error upon downloading or launching the application, please check to ensure your system meets our Minimum System Requirements.
- When the download is complete, click the icon that appears in the lower left corner of your monitor to begin the installation.
- Select Yes on the User Account Control prompt and the setup wizard will appear.
- Select Next > to continue through the Beam Setup Wizard.
- Read and accept the License Agreement, then click I Agree.
- Choose the install location. The automatic default will show (C:\Program Files (x86)\Beam). If you would like to change the Destination Folder, click Browse..., then navigate to the desired folder. Click Next > to continue.
- Choose the start menu folder shortcut name. The default will be automatically selected as Beam. If you do not want to create a start menu shortcut, select the checkbox in the bottom left and click Next > to continue.
- The Run Beam selection box will be checked by default. Select Finish to launch the Beam Application.
- Log into the Beam application to view accessible devices within your Beam Lobby.