Docking a Beam
Beam Assisted-Docking is a user-friendly feature that allows for proficient self-parking. When a Beam comes within range of a charging station, a green light outlines the dock to notify the pilot to engage Assisted-Docking. The Beam will turn to align itself with the dock to ensure a successful docking.
Assisted-Docking is available by default for all Beam Presence Systems. It is best practice to dock your Beam prior to ending your session.
Docking a Beam using the Beam Desktop App
- Drive forward to the charging dock to engage Assisted-Docking.
- When the Beam comes within range, the charging dock will outline in green.
- The pilot will be prompted to press and hold the 'P' key to allow the Beam to dock itself.
- Docking is complete when the charging indicator flashes within the navigation view.
- The Beam will continue to charge until it is removed from the dock.
Note: If the P key is released prior to successful docking, an error message will appear. Move away from the dock and reattempt.
Tags: Assisted Docking