Create a Beam Organization
A Beam organization is an online management database that allows owners/administrators the ability to oversee user accounts and the device(s) to which those accounts have access. In order to establish a Beam organization, you must own or possess a Beam Presence System.
Below you'll find steps for Creating a New Beam Organization:
Upon Receiving a New Beam
- Unpack and assemble your Beam, if necessary.
- See Assembly & Packing for additional information.
- Connect your Beam to a local 5 GHz WiFi network.
- See Configuring a Basic WiFi Network or Configuring an Enterprise Network
- Upon successful configuration, the Beam will display a 6-digit linking code.
- Navigate to setupbeam.com to create your account.
- Complete the "Don't have an account?" form.
- Click "Register Now" to confirm your information. You will be prompted to link a Beam to your new account:
- Name your Beam
- Enter the 6-digit linking code displayed on the Beam screen.
- Click "Link your Beam" to establish your organization.
- Upon linking your device, you will be redirected to your Beam Admin Home.
- Complete the "Primary Organization Contact" form.
- Click "Save" to confirm.
Note: As the administrator, you can make organizational changes and add new users at this time; however, you must verify your email address prior to future log in.
Confirm your Email Address
- Open a new browser window/tab to your email provider.
- Login to your email account associated with your Beam organization.
- Subject line: "Please confirm your email address".
- Click the "Activate account" link to confirm your address.
- If your activation link is expired or fails to be delivered, please simply request a new activation link.
View the Required Beam Safety Video
- Upon activating your account, you'll be prompted to view the Beam Operation and Safety video.
- Press the play button to enjoy the introductory pilot video.
- Check the box to "accept the risks and responsibilities" of using Beam.
- Enter your First and Last name if requested.
- Press "Continue" to return to your Beam Admin Home.
Download the Beam Desktop Software
- Select the "Download the Beam Desktop Software" icon.
- Select the "Download" icon under "Suggested Installer".
- Follow the on-screen instructions based on your hardware setup.
- Launch and sign in to the Beam Desktop App using your newly established credentials.
- Mark "I understand" to agree to accept the risk and responsibilities of operating a Beam.
- Click "Continue" to proceed.
- The Beam Desktop App will open to your Beam lobby to allow you to connect to your device.
- Click "Beam In" to connect your pilot station to your Beam device.
- Begin beaming!