Beam App Error - Windows OS - Speaker Creep
If you experience issues that prevent you from adjusting your speaker or playback level on Windows operating systems, follow these steps to fix this issue.
- Open your start menu, type and select the word Sound from the Windows control panel.
- When the Sound applet opens, right click your playback device that has a green check mark and select Properties.
- From the Speaker Properties, select the Advanced tab.
- From the Advanced tab, uncheck the box titled Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- Close all of the Sound and Sound Properties boxes.
- Close the Beam app and re-launch to ensure the Beam app receives the updated operating system settings.
- Within the Beam app, select Options in the top, left-hand corner, then select Audio from the section list at the left.
- From the Audio menu, click Play a test sound to ensure you are able to appropriately adjust your speaker levels.