To connect to any Beam device, you must download and install the Beam Software Application to your system of choice. Click for a list of Beam Software Installers.
To Begin a Beam Session
- Launch and log into the Beam app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Upon successful log in, you’ll be presented with a list of Beams to which you have access.
- To connect to a Beam, click on the blue Beam In button.
Beam App Pilot Settings
- Ensure your camera is positioned properly and that you’re fully visible on the video feed of yourself.
You can adjust this setting from the Options > Video menu.
- Control how loud you are to the locals by adjusting the microphone slider on the Session Toolbar.
Recommended microphone value: 0
- Control how loud Beam locals are to you with the speaker slider located on the Session Toolbar.
Recommended speaker value: 80
- See the Session Toolbar menu below for more details regarding session viewing capability and functionality.
Guiding the Beam
- Driving Options:
- Keyboard Arrow Keys: (Up = Forward) (Down = Backward) (Left = Left) (Right = Right)
- Keyboard Keys: (W=Forward) (S=Backward) (A=Left) (D=Right)
- Mouse: Click inside the navigation view to activate your mouse. Hard click and hold while guiding your mouse. Move your cursor away from the Beam base to move faster.
- Xbox Controller: Press and hold the Drive button while moving the joystick
Note: Xbox One controllers are not currently supported.
- Press and hold the Shift key and arrow keys simultaneously to accelerate.
Note: This functionality is only available on BeamPro and Beam Enhanced models.
- Use caution as you move the Beam around people and objects. Always be aware of your surroundings.