Shut Down or Restart Manually
The following instructions apply to Beam Standard and Beam Enhanced devices only.
Complete System Shutdown
Use this method prior to long-term storage or to clear errors.
- Guide the Beam off the charging dock.
- Insert a USB keyboard into the USB port under the face of the Beam.
- From the Device Settings screen, choose Tools > Power > Shutdown.
- Remove the keyboard and allow the Beam to power down completely.
- Return the Beam to the charging dock for automatic restart.
Powers down the Beam head ONLY. The Beam will read as "Offline".
- Press the power button on the left side of the Beam's screen.
- Press the power button again to power the Beam back on.